- Improve and enhance relationships between members of a team/ group by developing delegates' skills for effective communication.
The Consultant responded by - facilitating diverse team exercises, developing intra-personal liife skills and intern-personal communication skills.
- Build on positive diversity enhancing practices which contribute to interpersonal co-operation and supportive working relationships.
The Consultant responded by -
(1) developing inter-personal, intrapersonal communication skills and helping delegates to strongly develop experience and understanding of the value of diverse teams.
(2) Putting in place, with the facilitator group, a peer-selected and managed values-based code of conduct with clearing, commitment and regular meetings to guide interpersonal relationships. The Leader group were twice not available in sufficient numbers and these sessions were cancelled.
- Identify organisationally entrenched practices that might be perceived to support negative practice and behaviours.
The Consultant responded by - facilitating leaders group serveys and submitting that information to the Deputy Head of Skills Development, for assessment and the Diversity Specialist - Jeff Thomas of Asizwane for inclusion in his dedicated programme.
- Explore the process of change and development in individuals and its effect on relationships.
The Consultant responded by:-
(1) Involving the delegates in the process of change through the participative methodologies and allowing them to experience the benefits of working togther in diverse teams.
(2) Delegates experienced actual change through the process of the programme and external change issues.
(3) Story telling and intelectual input was shared through feedback sessions - oral and written.
- Train the trainer programme -
The Consultant responded by assessing 86 of +- 106 potential facilitators.
Through a process of training, trial and testing, and further assessment - 16 potential facilitators have been accepted at 1 of 2 levels as facilitators of the Celebrating Humanity programme.
Trials have been run with new delegates and the delegate feedback has been excellent.